Soucie History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
The Soucie surname is thought to be a habitational name derived from a place name in France.
Early Origins of the Soucie family
The surname Soucie was first found in Champagne, were the family was established in early times.
The members of the family settled in parishes in the departments of Yonne and Aisne. Several members of the family distinguished themselves through their respective accomplishments. Among them, was Étienne Souciet, a Jesuit and the son of a lawyer in Paris. He was born in Bourges in 1671 and died in 1744. He was known for the essays which he wrote. His brother, Étienne-Augustin Souciet was also a Jesuit. He also died in 1744, two days after his brother, at the college, Louis-le-Grand, where he was a professor of theology. Among his works is "Poèmes sur les Comètes," published in Caen in 1710.
Jean Soucy, son of Claude and Françoise, is identified with the Lavigne of the Company of Grandfontaine, of the Regiment of Carigan. He arrived in Canada in 1665 and after settling in Quebec he married Madeleine Marechal. That marriage was annulled shortly after and Jean eventually remarried. He married Jeanne Sauvenier, born in 1647, daughter of Jacques and Antoinette, in 1670. They lived at Illaux Oies, Quebec until Jean passed away in 1679. 
Early History of the Soucie family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Soucie research. More information is included under the topic Early Soucie History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Soucie Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Soucy, Soucie, Soussy, Soussay, Soussie, Souciet, Soussié and many more.
Early Notables of the Soucie family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Soucie Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Soucie migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Soucie Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Camille Soucie, aged 33, who immigrated to the United States, in 1920
- Arthur Soucie, aged 20, who landed in America in 1921
Contemporary Notables of the name Soucie (post 1700) +
- Gary Soucie, American editor, writer, conservationist and environmentalist
- Kath Soucie (b. 1967), American voice actress
- Kevin Soucie, American Democrat politician, Member of Wisconsin State Assembly 7th District; Elected 1974 
- John Soucie, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Indiana, 1972 
Related Stories +
- ^ Olivier, Reginald L. Your Ancient Canadian Family Ties. Logan: The Everton Publishers, Inc., P.O. Box 368, 1972. Print
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 25) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html