FREE SHIPPING on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Polish Sosnowski family come from? What is the Polish Sosnowski family crest and coat of arms? When did the Sosnowski family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Sosnowski family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Sosnowski, Sosnovsky, Sosnowiec, Sosnicki, Sosnick, Sosniak, Sosnak, Sosner and many more.
First found in Stanislawow, a south eastern province of Poland in the Carpathian area. There are many resorts in this beautiful province and the chief towns are Stanislawow, Stryj, Kolmyja, Kalusz and Halicz, the latter being famous for a line of Russian princes which became extinct in 1340. There are oilfields in the area, and the province is famous for its horses. The surname became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. In their later history the name became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Sosnowski research. Another 296 words(21 lines of text) covering the years 1648 and 1825 are included under the topic Early Sosnowski History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Sosnowski Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Sosnowski Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
Sosnowski Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
The Sosnowski Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Sosnowski Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 28 December 2014 at 18:27.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.