Sohns History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Sohns family
The surname Sohns was first found in Switzerland, where the name came from humble beginnings but gained a significant reputation for its contribution to the emerging mediaeval society. It later became more prominent as many branches of the same house acquired distant estates and branches, some in foreign countries, always elevating their social status by their great contributions to society.
Early History of the Sohns family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Sohns research. Another 76 words (5 lines of text) covering the year 1872 is included under the topic Early Sohns History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Sohns Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Sonnhalter, Schonholzer, Schönhalter, Schönhaber, Soenhalter, Sonhalter, Sohnhalter, Sohnhaltz, Zonnhalter, Zonhalter, Schönnhalter and many more.
Early Notables of the Sohns family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Sohns Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
| Sohns migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Sohns Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Joh Daniel Sohns, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1746 
Sohns Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Jakob Sohns, who arrived in Brazil in 1825 
- Miss Sohns, who arrived in North America in 1846 
- Maria Katharina Sohns, who arrived in North America in 1867 
- Charles Sohns, who landed in St Clair County, Illinois in 1876 
- Katharina Sohns, who landed in America in 1880 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
- Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)