Skibinski History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Skibinski family
The surname Skibinski was first found in Polesie, the largest province of Poland. It is inhabited by Ruthenians, called Polesians, of Ukrainian descent. The main towns are those of Brest Litovsk, Pinsk, Kobryn, Kamenets, Litovsk, and Luninets. It was in this province that the renowned Radziwills and Sapiehas held their vast estates. The surname became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. In their later history the name became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
Early History of the Skibinski family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Skibinski research. Another 99 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1373, 1591, 1730, 1825, and 1827 are included under the topic Early Skibinski History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Skibinski Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Screbant, Skrobecki, Skrobonski, Skrywanski, Skrobeski, Skibinski, Szerebinski, Skrobot, Skreibansky and many more.
Early Notables of the Skibinski family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Skibinski Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Skibinski migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Skibinski Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Bentolomando Skibinski, aged 8 who arrived at Ellis Island from Nitkowa, Posen in 1892
- Elizabeth Skibinski, aged 10 who arrived at Ellis Island from Nitkowa, Posen in 1892
Skibinski Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Antoni Skibinski, aged 37 who arrived at Ellis Island from Durcin in 1903
- Franz Skibinski, aged 20 who arrived at Ellis Island from Borksno in 1904
- Antoni Skibinski, aged 23 who arrived at Ellis Island from Dobre in 1905
- Franciszek Skibinski, aged 24 who arrived at Ellis Island from Malowody in 1906
- Antoni Skibinski, aged 22 who arrived at Ellis Island from Batssen in 1906
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Skibinski (post 1700) +
- Joe Skibinski (b. 1928), American former NFL football player
- Chester Skibinski (b. 1906), Polish-American businessman
- Bernard J. Skibinski (b. 1929), American politician, American Independent Candidate for Michigan State Board of Education, 1974 
Related Stories +