Sirianni History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
It is generally thought that the Sirianni surname is habitational, deriving from an Italian place name. Perhaps, for example from the town of Seregno, in the province of Milan, Lombardy, Italy
Early Origins of the Sirianni family
The surname Sirianni was first found in Lombardy (Italian: Lombardia), a territorial, industrialized division of Italy south of the Alps.Milan is the chief city, followed by Mortera, Pavia and Mantua. Silk is the principal trade. This well traveled surname is claimed to be originally of Bergamo. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Sirianni family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Sirianni research. Another 102 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1504, 1549, 1594, 1610, 1638, and 1665 are included under the topic Early Sirianni History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Sirianni Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Sirignano, Serigano, Siriani, Sirianni, Sergni, Seregno, Serini, Sereno, Serenari, Sergnano, Serego and many more.
Early Notables of the Sirianni family (pre 1700)
Another 36 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Sirianni Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Sirianni is the 17,985th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
Sirianni migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Sirianni Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Angelo Sirianni, age 42, who arrived in New York on May 24, 1886, aboard the "Plata"
Contemporary Notables of the name Sirianni (post 1700) +
- Carmel Sirianni (1922-1991), American politician, Member of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives from the 111th district (1975-1990)
- Nick Sirianni (b. 1981), American NFL football coach
- Mike Sirianni (b. 1972), American football coach and former player
- Casey Dunn Sirianni, American Republican politician, Alternate Delegate to Republican National Convention from Pennsylvania, 2008 
- Carmel Sirianni, American Republican politician, Alternate Delegate to Republican National Convention from Pennsylvania, 1964, 1972 
- Robert "Rob" Sirianni (b. 1983), Canadian-born Italian professional ice hockey player
- Joseph Sirianni (b. 1975), Australian professional tennis player from Melbourne, Victoria, ranked World Number 138 on 20 October 2008
Related Stories +