Sipe History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The roots of the German surname Sipe can be traced to the Old Germanic word "Siebmacher," meaning "sieve maker." The surname is occupational in origin, and was most likely originally borne by someone who held this position.
Early Origins of the Sipe family
The surname Sipe was first found in the territory of Meissen in eastern Saxony, where the name could be considered to have made an early contribution to the feudal society which became the backbone of modern European. The name became prominent in local affairs and branched into many houses which played important roles in the widespread tribal and national conflicts, with each group seeking power and status in an unstable territorial profile.
Early History of the Sipe family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Sipe research. Another 168 words (12 lines of text) covering the years 1741, 1816, 1818, and 1862 are included under the topic Early Sipe History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Sipe Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Sieber, Sieb, Seeb, Seeber, Seaver, Sieberer, Siebmacher, Siebers, Siebe, Siebmann, Siep, Sieper, Sieppert, Siebert, Siepmann, Siber and many more.
Early Notables of the Sipe family (pre 1700)
Another 38 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Sipe Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Sipe migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Sipe Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Philip Sipe, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1840 
Sipe Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Aaron Sipe, aged 32, who landed in America from London, in 1904
- Enid Sipe, aged 12, who landed in America, in 1905
- L. R. Sipe, aged 22, who landed in America, in 1905
- Mary Sipe, aged 20, who landed in America, in 1905
- Ida Sipe, aged 39, who settled in America, in 1906
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Sipe (post 1700) +
- William Allen Sipe (1844-1935), American politician, Democratic member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Pennsylvania
- A. W. Richard Sipe (b. 1932), American former Benedictine monk-priest
- Jeff Sipe (b. 1959), German-born, American drummer
- Brian Winfield Sipe (b. 1949), former professional American NFL football quarterback
- William Allen Sipe (1844-1935), American Democrat politician, U.S. Representative from Pennsylvania 24th District, 1892-95 
- James G. Sipe, American Republican politician, Candidate in primary for Michigan State Senate 1st District, 1928 
- C. Hale Sipe, American Democrat politician, Member of Pennsylvania State Senate 41st District, 1937-40 
Related Stories +
Suggested Readings for the name Sipe +
- 4975 "Paul Sipe, Palatine Immigrant, 1752" by Mildred Sipe Dickey.
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 19) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html