Early Origins of the Silvestro family
The surname Silvestro was first found in Ferrara, a city and comune in Emilia-Romagna
, northern Italy, capital city of the Province of Ferrara, in the district of Marche but there were also early instances of this surname in other areas of Italy. Ferrara was at war with Venice
in 1471. It is a walled city and notable is the Church of S.Cristoforo. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry. The name is a modification of the Latin name Silvester, which was derived from the word "silva," meaning "wood."
Early History of the Silvestro family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Silvestro research.Another 98 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1420, 1485, 1525, and 1606 are included under the topic Early Silvestro History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Silvestro Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Silvestri, Silvestry, Silvester, Sylvester, Sylvestar, Sylvestri, Silvestre, Silvestrelli, Silvestrini, Silvestrino, Silvestro and many more.
Early Notables of the Silvestro family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Silvestro Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Silvestro family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Silvestro Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Angelo Silvestro, aged 27, who settled in America from Moritizoderin, in 1899
Silvestro Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Angelo Silvestro, aged 22, who emigrated to the United States from Givea Sanentico, in 1900
- Angelo Silvestro, aged 34, who settled in America from Ascoli Satriano, Italy, in 1906
- Agostino Vittorio Silvestro, aged 24, who emigrated to the United States from Novalese, Italy, in 1908
- Adolfo Silvestro, aged 14, who emigrated to the United States from Ripi, Roma, Italy, in 1909
- Angela Silvestro, aged 1, who emigrated to the United States, in 1909
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Silvestro (post 1700)
- Anthony J. Di Silvestro (b. 1904), American Democrat politician, Member of Pennsylvania State Senate 1st District, 1937-66 CITATION[CLOSE]
The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, January 25) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- Alex Silvestro (b. 1988), American football defensive end
- Don Silvestro (1339-1399), Italian painter and illuminator
- Simona de Silvestro (b. 1988), Swiss race car driver
- Chris Silvestro (b. 1979), Scottish footballer