Silvano History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Silvano family
The surname Silvano was first found in Genoa (Italian: Genova), a port on the Gulf of Genoa, capital of the province of Genoa. 4th century B.C it was occupied by the Greeks, destroyed by the Carthaginians in 209 B.C and restored by Rome who made it their headquarters. They survived the Lombard and Carolingan intrusions. Were well known for their naval prowess. Shipbuilding flourished in this natural sea port. Much migration took place to South America pre WWII. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Silvano family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Silvano research.Another 215 words (15 lines of text) covering the years 1472, 1475, 1814, 1700, 1576, 1628, 1605 and 1685 are included under the topic Early Silvano History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Silvano Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Salvi, Salvio, Salvia, Salvetti, Salvini, Salvinelli, Salvioli, Salvucci, Salvioni, Salvato, Salviato, Salvia and many more.
Early Notables of the Silvano family (pre 1700)
Another 42 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Silvano Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Silvano family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Silvano Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Gennaro Silvano, aged 20, who landed in America from Caterin, Italy, in 1904
- Benedetto Silvano, aged 22, who landed in America from Morso, Italy, in 1910
- Emanuele Silvano, aged 13, who emigrated to the United States from Sciara, Sicily, in 1911
- Guiseppina Silvano, aged 24, who settled in America from Pozzolo, Italy, in 1911
- Felice Silvano, aged 20, who settled in America from Avellina, Italy, in 1917
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Silvano Family Crest Products