Early Origins of the Signorini family
The surname Signorini was first found in Ferrara, a city and comune in Emilia-Romagna
, northern Italy, capital city of the Province of Ferrara. History dates the city back to 753. It was at war with Venice
in 1471. It is a walled city and notable is the Church of S.Cristoforo. Knitted goods and shawls are made. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time was in itself a family honor.
Early History of the Signorini family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Signorini research.Another 341 words (24 lines of text) covering the years 1387 and 1409 are included under the topic Early Signorini History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Signorini Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Signorelli, Signorini, Signore, Signorèllo, Signoriéllo, Signorétti, Signori, Signorino, Signoroni, Signorile, Signorino, Signoriello, Signorini, Signorèllus, Signorettus, Sénior, Senioris, Signoraccio, Signoria, Signorili and many more.
Early Notables of the Signorini family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Signorini Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Signorini family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Salvatore Signorello, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1867; Benjamin Senior, who arrived in Ontario in 1871; Augustine Serio, who arrived in California in 1872.
Contemporary Notables of the name Signorini (post 1700)
- Glauco Signorini (b. 1913), Italian footballer
- Alfonso Signorini (b. 1964), Italian television host
- Andrea Signorini (b. 1990), Italian footballer
- Gianluca Signorini (1960-2002), Italian footballer
- Antonio Signorini (1888-1963), Italian mathematical physicist and civil engineer, known for his work in finite elasticity, thermoelasticity and for formulating the Signorini problem
- Telemaco Signorini (1835-1901), Italian artist
- Róbson Michael Signorini (b. 1987), known as Robinho or Róbson, a Brazilian footballer