on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the German Siegfried family come from? What is the German Siegfried family crest and coat of arms? When did the Siegfried family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Siegfried family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Siegenhoven, Sigenhofen, Siegenhofen, Sigenhoven, Sieggenhoven, Siegenhhoven, Siegenhovenne and many more.
First found in the Rhineland, where this family was a prominent contributor to the development of the district from ancient times. Always influential in social affairs, the name Siegenhoven became an integral part of that turbulent region as it forged alliances with other families within the region and the nation.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Siegfried research. Another 205 words (15 lines of text) covering the years 1851, 1653 and 1684 are included under the topic Early Siegfried History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Siegfried Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Siegfried Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Johannes Siegfried, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1719
- Johan Jacob Siegfried, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1752
Siegfried Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Charles G Siegfried, who landed in Ohio in 1890
- Gust. Siegfried, aged 26, who landed in America from Zurich, in 1892
- A. Siegfried, aged 62, who landed in America, in 1895
Siegfried Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Ernst Siegfried, aged 29, who landed in America from Alfeld, Germany, in 1906
- Chana Siegfried, aged 16, who settled in America from Podborze, Galicia, in 1907
- Ernst Siegfried, aged 45, who emigrated to the United States from Schoneberg, Germany, in 1909
- Charles Siegfried, aged 4, who emigrated to the United States from Nancy, France, in 1911
- Adelaide Siegfried, aged 32, who settled in America from Nancy, France, in 1911
Siegfried Settlers in Canada in the 19th Century
- Carl Siegfried, who arrived in Quebec in 1850
- Christina Siegfried, who arrived in Quebec in 1850
- Wilhelm Siegfried, who landed in Quebec in 1850
- Larry E. Siegfried (1939-2010), American National Basketball Association player
- Theodore Siegfried, American Republican politician, Chair of Brooke County Republican Party, 1917
- S. E. Siegfried, American Republican politician, Candidate for Ohio State House of Representatives from Licking County, 1897
- Walter Siegfried (1919-2002), Swiss boxer who competed at the 1936 Summer Olympics
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Brechenmacher, Josef Karlmann. Deutches Namenbuch. Stuttgart: Verlag von Adolf Bonz & Comp, 1928. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans. Deutschlands geographische Namenwelt Etymologisches Lexikon der Fluss- und Ortsnamen alteuropaischer Herkunft. Frankfurt: Suhrkamp, 1985. Print.
- Göbel, Otto. Niederdeutsche Familiennamen der Gegenwart Wolfshagen-Schäbentz. Franz: Westphal, 1936. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Gritzner, M. Handbuch der heraldischen Terminologie in zwölf Zungen. Nürnberg: 1890. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Steed, Henry Wickham . The Hapsburg Monarchy. London: Constable and Company, 1919. Print.
- Oswald, G. Lexicon der Heraldik. Leipzig: 1984. Print.
- Kneschke, Dr. Ernest Heinrich. Neues allgemeines Deutsches Adels-Lexicon 9 Volumes New General German Aristocracy Lexicon. Leipzig: Friedrich Voigt, 1859. Print.
The Siegfried Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Siegfried Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 30 October 2015 at 09:26.
on orders of $85 or more