on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
The surname Siegfried was first found in the Rhineland
, where this family was a prominent contributor to the development of the district from ancient times. Always influential in social affairs, the name Siegenhoven became an integral part of that turbulent region as it forged alliances with other families within the region and the nation.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Siegenhoven, Sigenhofen, Siegenhofen, Sigenhoven, Sieggenhoven, Siegenhhoven, Siegenhovenne and many more.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Siegfried research. Another 205 words (15 lines of text) covering the years 1851, 1653 and 1684 are included under the topic Early Siegfried History in all our PDF Extended History products
More information is included under the topic Early Siegfried Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Siegfried Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Johannes Siegfried, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1719
- Johan Jacob Siegfried, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1752
Siegfried Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Charles G Siegfried, who landed in Ohio in 1890
- Gust. Siegfried, aged 26, who landed in America from Zurich, in 1892
- A. Siegfried, aged 62, who landed in America, in 1895
Siegfried Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Ernst Siegfried, aged 29, who landed in America from Alfeld, Germany, in 1906
- Chana Siegfried, aged 16, who settled in America from Podborze, Galicia, in 1907
- Ernst Siegfried, aged 45, who emigrated to the United States from Schoneberg, Germany, in 1909
- Charles Siegfried, aged 4, who emigrated to the United States from Nancy, France, in 1911
- Adelaide Siegfried, aged 32, who settled in America from Nancy, France, in 1911
Siegfried Settlers in Canada in the 19th Century
- Carl Siegfried, who arrived in Quebec in 1850
- Christina Siegfried, who arrived in Quebec in 1850
- Wilhelm Siegfried, who landed in Quebec in 1850
- Larry E. Siegfried (1939-2010), American National Basketball Association player
- Theodore Siegfried, American Republican politician, Chair of Brooke County Republican Party, 1917
- S. E. Siegfried, American Republican politician, Candidate for Ohio State House of Representatives from Licking County, 1897
- Walter Siegfried (1919-2002), Swiss boxer who competed at the 1936 Summer Olympics
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Karlsruhe. Badisches Generallandesarchiv Baden Emigration lists 1866-1911. Salt Lake City: Microfilm of Card Index by the Genealogical Society of Utah. Print.
- Strassburger, Ralph B. Pennsylvania German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 2000. Print. (ISBN 978-0806303024).
- Oswald, G. Lexicon der Heraldik. Leipzig: 1984. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Kapff, Rudolf. Schwäbische Geschlechtsnamen. Stuttgart: Verlag Silberburg, 1927. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmachers Wappenbuch. München, Battenberg: 1975. Print.
The Siegfried Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Siegfried Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 28 April 2016 at 20:17.
on orders of $85 or more