100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Shultz family come from? What is the German Shultz family crest and coat of arms? When did the Shultz family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Shultz family history?The name Shultz comes from one of those ancient dukedoms, territories and states that would eventually form a part of present day Germany. At its birth in the Middle Ages, it was used to indicate someone who worked as a town-mayor derived from the medieval name "Schultheis" which has the same meaning.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Schultz, Schultheis, Schultes, Schultz, Schultze, Schulz, Scholz and many more.
First found in Switzerland, where branches of this estimable family were elevated to the ranks of the nobility and came to possess great political influence. The name stems from the medaieval name "Schultheis" which meant "town-mayor."
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Shultz research. Another 539 words (38 lines of text) covering the years 1224, 1680, 1661, 1693, 1719, 1615, 1683, 1747, 1800, 1770, 1849, 1808 and 1883 are included under the topic Early Shultz History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 123 words (9 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Shultz Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Shultz Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Joh Christian Shultz, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1732
- Ch Otto Shultz, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1734
- Christian Otta Shultz, aged 22, landed in Pennsylvania in 1734
- Martin Shultz, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1743
- J Henry Shultz, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1752
Shultz Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Nathaniel Shultz, who landed in New York in 1802
- Rudolph W Shultz, who landed in Tippecanoe County, Ind in 1843
- John Shultz, who landed in Maryland in 1845
- Mr. Shultz, who arrived in San Francisco, California in 1850
- G Shultz, who arrived in San Francisco, California in 1851
Shultz Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Ferdinand Shultz, who arrived in Nova Scotia in 1749-1752
- Clark Shultz (b. 2014), American politician, a Republican member of the Kansas Senate
- Richard H. Shultz Jr. (b. 1947), American scholar of international security studies, Professor International Politics at The Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy, Tufts University
- Wallace Luther "Toots" Shultz (1888-1959), American Major League Baseball pitcher who played from 1911 to 1912 for the Philadelphia Phillies
- Searles Gregory Shultz (1897-1975), American lawyer and politician, Member of the New York State Assembly (1947-1954), New York State Senator (1955-1958)
- Charlotte Smith Mailliard Swig Shultz (b. 1934), born Charlotte Smith, an American heiress and socialite, wife of former United States Secretary of State George P. Shultz
- Matthew Ray "Matt" Shultz (b. 1983), American lead singer and occasional guitarist for the American rock band Cage the Elephant
- Emanuel Shultz (1819-1912), American shoemaker, merchant, manufacturer, banker and a member of the United States House of Representatives from Ohio (1881-1883)
- George Pratt Shultz (b. 1920), American politician, 60th United States Secretary of State (1982-1989), recipient of the Presidential Medal of Freedom
- Clark Shultz, Republican member of the Kansas House of Representatives
- Henry Shultz, eccentric entrepreneur in the antebellum American South
- Matthias Shultz and his Descendants by Carlyle W. Bennett.
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Journeys German Immigration, Settlement and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmachers Wappenbuch. München, Battenberg: 1975. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Jones, Henry Z. Palatine Families of New York 2 Volumes. Rockland, ME: Picton Press, 2001. Print. (ISBN 978-0961388829).
- Bahlow, Hans. Mecklenburgisches Namenbüchlein Ein Führer durch Mecklenburgs Familiennamen. Rostock: Carl Hinstorffs Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Preuss, Otto. Die Lippischen Familiennamen mit Berücksichtigung der Ortsnamen. Detmold: Meyer'sche Hofbuchh, 1887. Print.
- Zoder, Rudolf. Familiennamen in Ostfalen. Hildesheim: Geog Olms Verlagsbuchhandlung, 1968. Print.
- Oswald, G. Lexicon der Heraldik. Leipzig: 1984. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans. Abhandlungen zur Namenforschung und Buchgeschichte. 1980. Print. (ISBN 978-3768690522).
The Shultz Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Shultz Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 1 September 2015 at 15:41.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!