Shoop History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Shoop family
The surname Shoop was first found in Bavaria, where the name was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. They branched into many houses, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power.
Early History of the Shoop family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Shoop research. Another 98 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1667, 1743 and 1667 are included under the topic Early Shoop History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Shoop Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Schuh, Schuck, Shuh, Schuch, Shook, Schug, Schewe, Schugh, Schuhman, Schumann, Schuckman, Schuckmann, Schumaker, Schoemaker, Shoemaker, Schumacher, Schuhmacher, Shoo, Schoo and many more.
Early Notables of the Shoop family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the name Shoop in this period include Countess Ehrengard Melusina von der Schulenberg, Duchess of Kendal (1667-1743), born on 25 Dec. 1667 at Emden in the present Prussian province of Saxony. "Emden was the...
Another 38 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Shoop Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Shoop is the 6,728th most popular surname with an estimated 4,974 people with that name. 
Shoop migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Shoop Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- John Shoop, who settled in Pennsylvania in 1718
Shoop Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Arthur R Shoop, who immigrated to America, in 1906
- W.M. Shoop, who landed in America, in 1906
- Walter Shoop, aged 34, who immigrated to the United States, in 1911
- Jack Shoop, aged 18, who landed in America from London, England, in 1911
- Max Shoop, aged 24, who immigrated to the United States, in 1911
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Shoop (post 1700) +
- Lindsay Shoop (b. 1981), American gold medalist rower at the 2008 Summer Olympics
- Gideon Shoop, American politician, Postmaster at Danville, Pennsylvania, 1849-52
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm