100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Shaver family come from? What is the German Shaver family crest and coat of arms? When did the Shaver family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Shaver family history?The distinguished surname Shaver is German in origin. It is derived from the Middle High German term "schaffaere," which referred to the manager or steward of a household.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Schaeffers, Schaefer, Scheaffer, Schaefers, Schaffer, Schafer, Shaeffer, Schefer, Shaefer and many more.
First found in Hessen, where the name was closely identified in early medieval times with the feudal society which would become prominent throughout European history. The name would later emerge as a noble family with great influence, having many distinguished branches, and become noted for its involvement in social, economic and political affairs.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Shaver research. Another 269 words(19 lines of text) covering the years 1569, 1813, 1787, 1425, 1503, 1451, 1624 and 1677 are included under the topic Early Shaver History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 101 words(7 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Shaver Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Shaver Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Frederick Shaver, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1753
- Peter Shaver, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1753
- Michael Shaver, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1753
- Henry Shaver, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1767
- Adam Shaver, who landed in Frederick County, Maryland in 1794
Shaver Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- C Shaver, who arrived in San Francisco, California in 1851
- W E Shaver, who arrived in San Francisco, California in 1875
Shaver Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Cornelius H. Shaver, aged 75, who settled in New York, NY, in 1913
- Frank Gray Shaver, aged 41, who landed in America, in 1913
- Emma Louise Shaver, aged 64, who emigrated to the United States from London, England, in 1917
- Wilfred T. Shaver, aged 27, who landed in America from Eastbourne, England, in 1919
- Ella M Shaver, aged 45, who emigrated to Westfield, New Jersey in 1921
Shaver Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- John Shaver came to Nova Scotia in 1760
- John Shaver, who landed in Nova Scotia in 1760
Shaver Settlers in Canada in the 20th Century
- Horace Shaver, aged 48, who settled in Toronto, Canada, in 1922
- Alice Shaver, aged 55, who emigrated to Hamilton, Canada, in 1924
- Billy Joe Shaver (b. 1939), American country music singer and songwriter
- Earnie Dee Shaver (b. 1945), better known as Earnie Shavers, is an American former professional boxer
- Charlie James Shaver (1920-1971), American swing era jazz trumpet player
- Richard Sharpe Shaver (1907-1975), American writer and artist
- Tony Shaver (b. 1954), American college basketball coach
- John Edwin "Eddy" Shaver (1962-2003), American country-rock guitarist, arranger and songwriter
- Stephanie Diane Shaver (b. 1975), American fantasy writer and video game developer
- Gaius Ray "Gus" Shaver (1910-1998), All-American football player
- Jeffrey Thomas Shaver (b. 1963), former Major League Baseball pitcher
- Dan Shaver (1950-2007), American racecar driver
- Jones, George F. The Germans of Colonial Georgia 1733-1783 Revised edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0806311614).
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmachers Wappenbuch. München, Battenberg: 1975. Print.
- Kneschke, Dr. Ernest Heinrich. Neues allgemeines Deutsches Adels-Lexicon 9 Volumes New General German Aristocracy Lexicon. Leipzig: Friedrich Voigt, 1859. Print.
- Karlsruhe. Badisches Generallandesarchiv Baden Emigration lists 1866-1911. Salt Lake City: Microfilm of Card Index by the Genealogical Society of Utah. Print.
- Tobler-Meyer, Wilhelm. Familiennamen der Ostschweiz. Zürich: 1894. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans. Deutschlands geographische Namenwelt Etymologisches Lexikon der Fluss- und Ortsnamen alteuropaischer Herkunft. Frankfurt: Suhrkamp, 1985. Print.
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Hopeful Journeys German Immigration, Settlement, and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Garland, Mary and Henry Garland Editions. Oxford Companion To German Literature 3rd Edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1997. Print. (ISBN 0198158963).
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Brechenmacher, Josef Karlmann. Deutches Namenbuch. Stuttgart: Verlag von Adolf Bonz & Comp, 1928. Print.
The Shaver Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Shaver Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 14 December 2014 at 09:02.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!