at Shadforth, a chapelry, in the parish of Pittington, S. division of Easington ward. The village dates back to 1183 when it was listed as Shaldeford from the Old English "scead" + "ford" and literally meant "shallow ford."
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Shatford research.Another 102 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1603 and 1787 are included under the topic Early Shatford History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
of this family name include: Shadforth, Shadfourth, Shadforthe, Shadford, Shadforde, Shatford and many more.
The motto was originally a war cry or slogan. Mottoes first began to be shown with arms in the 14th and 15th centuries, but were not in general use until the 17th century. Thus the oldest coats of arms generally do not include a motto. Mottoes seldom form part of the grant of arms: Under most heraldic authorities, a motto is an optional component of the coat of arms, and can be added to or changed at will; many families have chosen not to display a motto.
Motto: Fugit irrevocabile tempus
Motto Translation: Time flies beyond recall.