on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
The surname Seybolt was first found in Bavaria
, where the name was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. They branched into many houses, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Seybold, Seyboldt, Seybolt, Sebolt, Sebold, Seboldt and many more.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Seybolt research. Another 207 words (15 lines of text) covering the years 1625 and 1661 are included under the topic Early Seybolt History in all our PDF Extended History products
More information is included under the topic Early Seybolt Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Seybolt Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Johannes Seybolt, who settled in Pennsylvania in 1754
- Philip Seybolt, who settled in Pennsylvania in 1754
- Johannes Seybolt, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1754
- Philip Seybolt, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1754
Seybolt Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Carl Fried Seybolt, who came to Philadelphia in 1806
- Balshasar Seybolt, who settled in Ohio in 1860
- Gottschald, Max. Deutsche Namenkunde unsere Familiennamen nach ihrer Entstehung und Bedeutung. München: J.F. Lehmanns Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Steed, Henry Wickham . The Hapsburg Monarchy. London: Constable and Company, 1919. Print.
- Nied, Edmund. Fraenkische Familiennamen urkundlich gesammelt und sprachlich gedeutet. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1933. Print.
- Tarneller, Josef. Zur Namenkunde Tirolen Familiennamen. Bozen: Buchhandlung, 1923. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Götze, Alfred. Familiennamen im badischen Oberland. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1918. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans. Abhandlungen zur Namenforschung und Buchgeschichte. 1980. Print. (ISBN 978-3768690522).
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Hopeful Journeys German Immigration, Settlement, and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Kapff, Rudolf. Schwäbische Geschlechtsnamen. Stuttgart: Verlag Silberburg, 1927. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
The Seybolt Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Seybolt Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 15 August 2014 at 14:30.
on orders of $85 or more