on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the Spanish Sevillano family come from? What is the Spanish Sevillano family crest and coat of arms? When did the Sevillano family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Sevillano family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Sevilla, Sevillano, Sivilli, Sevillia, Sevilya and many more.
First found in Andalucia, in southern Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Sevillano research. Another 349 words (25 lines of text) covering the year 1271 is included under the topic Early Sevillano History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Sevillano Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Diego Sevillano DeCaravajal, who was recorded in Columbia in 1552
- Anton Sevillano, who came to Peru in 1582
Sevillano Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Mariano Sevillano, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1864
- Juan Sevillano, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1876
- Francisco Sevillano, who arrived in America in 1877
- Antonio Sevillano, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1878
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Diez, Ma Del Carmen Galbis. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias Durante los siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Archivo General de Indias Sevilla Volume 6. Murcia, Spain: Ministerio de Cultura, 1986. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Heraldic Patronimica Española Y Sus Patronimicos Compuestos. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1976. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Chronological list of passengers to Spanish America (including Florida and Louisiana, 1538-1559). From documents in the "Indian Archives". Sevilla. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
The Sevillano Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Sevillano Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 23 September 2010 at 15:37.
on orders of $85 or more