Early Origins of the Sessa family
The surname Sessa was first found in Trento, (Latin: Tridentum), the picturesque capital of the province of Venezia Tridendtina in Italy. It is a walled city with a cathedral that was built in the 11th century and was dedicated to the first Bishop San Vigilio. Castello del Buon Consiglio was the residence of the Prince/Bishops for centuries. It had been ruled by the Ostrgoths (5th century,) Lombards (6th,) Franks (8th,) Italy (9th,) Germany
, and finally back to Italy from Austria
in 1918. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Sessa family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Sessa research.Another 197 words (14 lines of text) covering the years 1500, 1211, 1821, 1570 and 1617 are included under the topic Early Sessa History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Sessa Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Zissimos, Sizzo, Zizzo, Zizza, Zisi, Zisola, Zizi, Sessi, Sessa and many more.
Early Notables of the Sessa family (pre 1700)
Another 22 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Sessa Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Sessa family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Sessa Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Annunciata Sessa, aged 53, who landed in America from S. Liccido, Italy, in 1902
- Alfonzo Sessa, aged 11, who emigrated to the United States from Fisciano, Salerno, Italy, in 1906
- Alberto Sessa, aged 18, who settled in America from Piedimonte A., Italy, in 1912
- Amedes Sessa, aged 24, who landed in America from Gracislano, Italy, in 1914
- Adelina Sessa, aged 19, who emigrated to the United States from S Lucido, Italy, in 1920
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Sessa (post 1700)
- Gastón Alejandro Sessa (b. 1973), Argentine football goalkeeper
- Frederic Sessa, French free-diver