Early Origins of the Serio family
The surname Serio was first found in Ferrara, a city and comune in Emilia-Romagna
, northern Italy, capital city of the Province of Ferrara. History dates the city back to 753. It was at war with Venice
in 1471. It is a walled city and notable is the Church of S.Cristoforo. Knitted goods and shawls are made. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time was in itself a family honor.
Early History of the Serio family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Serio research.Another 341 words (24 lines of text) covering the years 1387 and 1409 are included under the topic Early Serio History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Serio Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Signorelli, Signorini, Signore, Signorèllo, Signoriéllo, Signorétti, Signori, Signorino, Signoroni, Signorile, Signorino, Signoriello, Signorini, Signorèllus, Signorettus, Sénior, Senioris, Signoraccio, Signoria, Signorili and many more.
Early Notables of the Serio family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Serio Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Serio family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Serio Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Augustine Serio, who arrived in California in 1872
Serio Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Joseph Serio, who settled in Mississippi in 1906
- Joseph Serio, who arrived in Mississippi in 1906 CITATION[CLOSE]
Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- Antonino Serio, who arrived in Illinois in 1911
- Frank Serio, who settled in Arkansas in 1918
Contemporary Notables of the name Serio (post 1700)
- Steve Serio (b. 1987), American silver and bronze medalist wheelchair basketball player
- Suzie McConnell- Serio (b. 1966), American women's basketball coach and former player, WNBA Coach of the Year (2004)
- José Carvalho Sério (1922-2010), Portuguese footballer