Serino History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
It is generally thought that the Serino surname is habitational, deriving from an Italian place name. Perhaps, for example from the town of Seregno, in the province of Milan, Lombardy, Italy
Early Origins of the Serino family
The surname Serino was first found in Lombardy (Italian: Lombardia), a territorial, industrialized division of Italy south of the Alps.Milan is the chief city, followed by Mortera, Pavia and Mantua. Silk is the principal trade. This well traveled surname is claimed to be originally of Bergamo. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Serino family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Serino research. Another 102 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1504, 1549, 1594, 1610, 1638, and 1665 are included under the topic Early Serino History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Serino Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Sirignano, Serigano, Siriani, Sirianni, Sergni, Seregno, Serini, Sereno, Serenari, Sergnano, Serego and many more.
Early Notables of the Serino family (pre 1700)
Another 36 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Serino Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Serino migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Serino Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Arcangelo Serino, aged 17, who landed in America from S. Vazzoro C., Italy, in 1904
- Angelo Serino, aged 28, who immigrated to the United States from Beneoento, Italy, in 1909
- Angela Maria Serino, aged 34, who landed in America from S. Nazzaro, Italy, in 1911
- Angiolina Serino, aged 27, who immigrated to the United States from S. Giorgio, Italy, in 1911
- Andrea Serino, aged 31, who settled in America from S. Nicolo, Italy, in 1913
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Serino (post 1700) +
- A. John Serino, American Republican politician, Alternate Delegate to Republican National Convention from Massachusetts, 1948 
- Susan J. Serino, American politician, Member of the New York State Senate
Related Stories +