Sergio History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
It is generally thought that the Sergio surname is habitational, deriving from an Italian place name. Perhaps, for example from the town of Seregno, in the province of Milan, Lombardy, Italy
Early Origins of the Sergio family
The surname Sergio was first found in Lombardy (Italian: Lombardia), a territorial, industrialized division of Italy south of the Alps.Milan is the chief city, followed by Mortera, Pavia and Mantua. Silk is the principal trade. This well traveled surname is claimed to be originally of Bergamo. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Sergio family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Sergio research. Another 102 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1504, 1549, 1594, 1610, 1638, and 1665 are included under the topic Early Sergio History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Sergio Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Sirignano, Serigano, Siriani, Sirianni, Sergni, Seregno, Serini, Sereno, Serenari, Sergnano, Serego and many more.
Early Notables of the Sergio family (pre 1700)
Another 36 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Sergio Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Sergio migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Sergio Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Angela Sergio, aged 31, who arrived in America from Chiaromonte, Italy, in 1904
- Attilia Sergio, aged 6, who arrived in America from Napoli, Italy, in 1910
- Celestina Sergio, aged 14, who arrived in America from Napoli, Italy, in 1910
- Domenico Sergio, aged 23, who arrived in America from Canosa, Italy, in 1911
- Antonio Sergio, aged 18, who arrived in America from Branco, Italy, in 1912
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Sergio (post 1700) +
- Júlio Sérgio Bertagnoli (b. 1978), Brazilian footballer
- Mário Sérgio Leal Nogueira (b. 1981), known as Mário Sérgio, is a Portuguese footballer
- Mário Sérgio Leal Nogueira (b. 1981), Portuguese footballer
- Valentín Sergio Pachón Mosquero (b. 1977), Spanish footballer
- Guillermo Sergio Imhoff (b. 1982), Argentine footballer
- Sergio Salvador Aguirre Anguiano (1943-2020), Mexican jurist and Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of Justice of the Nation
- Sergio Armando Marchant Muñoz (1961-2020), Chilean footballer who played as a midfielder
- Sergio Denis (1949-2020), Argentine singer-songwriter and occasional actor
- Sergio Fantoni (1930-2020), Italian actor, voice actor and director
- Sergio Guenza (1933-2020), Italian football manager of the Italy Women's Team in the 1990s
Related Stories +