Serafini History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Serafini family
The surname Serafini was first found in Messina (Sicilian: Missina; Latin: Messana), capital of the Italian province of Messina. Its history begins in 397 B.C. After a checkered history the Saracens took it in 831, and the Normans
in 1061. It was host to the crusaders in 1190. Garibaldi landed in 1860 and it was the last city to be made a part of united Italy. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry. The Serafini achieved great nobility in the city of Messina in the 15th century and became one of the distinguished families of the region.
Early History of the Serafini family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Serafini research.Another 201 words (14 lines of text) covering the years 1204, 1877, 1699 and 1776 are included under the topic Early Serafini History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Serafini Spelling Variations
Early Notables of the Serafini family (pre 1700)
Prominent among bearers of this surname in early times was Sanctus Seraphin (1699-1776), also known as Santo Serafin, a successful Italian luthier in Venice
. Today, a... Another 26 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Serafini Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Serafini family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Serafini Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Nicolo Serafini, who arrived in America in 1870
- Fortunato Serafini, who arrived in America on Dec. 7, 1886, aboard "La Gascogne"
- Olinto Serafini, who settled in Pennsylvania on March 21, 1887, aboard "La Bourgogne"
- Angelo Serafini, who arrived in New York, April 16, 1893, aboard the "Massilia"
Serafini Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Alenio Serafini, aged 22, who landed in America from Frontone, Italy, in 1905
- Angeloantonio Serafini, aged 16, who landed in America from Fontichian, Italy, in 1906
- Alfredo Serafini, aged 19, who settled in America from Sestala, Italy, in 1908
- Adele Serafini, aged 27, who landed in America from Capannost, Italy, in 1909
- Adolfo Serafini, aged 21, who emigrated to America from Pesaro, Italy, in 1910
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Serafini (post 1700)
- Ronald William Serafini (b. 1953), American retired professional ice hockey defenseman
- Sebastiano Serafini (b. 1990), Italian actor, model, musician, and stylist
- Palmiro Serafini (b. 1945), Italian ski mountaineer and former cross-country skier
- Matteo Serafini (b. 1978), Italian football player
- Dorino Serafini (1909-2000), Italian motorcycle road racer and racing driver
- Luigi Serafini (b. 1949), Italian artist, architect, and designer
- Ferruccio Serafini, Italian fighter pilot and flying ace in the Italian Royal Air Force (Regia Aeronautica Italiana), during World War II, credited with 7 aerial victories
- Javier Serafini (b. 1987), Paraguayan footballer
- Lorenzo Serafini (b. 1958), former Australian rules footballer
Serafini Family Crest Products