Segger History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Segger family
The surname Segger was first found in the province of Wuerttemburg, where the name Seeger was closely identified in early mediaeval times with the Feudal System that became prominent throughout Europe. The name would later emerge as a noble family with great influence, having many distinguished branches in Austria and Bavaria, and become noted for its involvement in social, economic and political affairs.
Early History of the Segger family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Segger research. Another 113 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1740 and 1767 are included under the topic Early Segger History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Segger Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Seeger, Seagar, Seager, Seagerr, Seagr, Seegers, Seger, Sagar, Saigar, Segger, Sieger, Siegert, Seggert and many more.
Early Notables of the Segger family (pre 1700)
Another 43 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Segger Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Segger migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Segger Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Ernst Segger, who landed in America in 1778 
Segger Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Gerh Segger, who arrived in America in 1834 
- Henr Segger, who landed in America in 1834 
- Bernd Segger, who arrived in America in 1836 
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)