Early Origins of the Scrima family
The surname Scrima was first found in Rome (Italian: Roma), the capital of the Kingdom of Italy. Little can be said in the space available which would do justice to the history of this beautiful city. From 1000 B.C, its history is a book of life itself. The buildings, culture, arts, cathedrals, churches, museums galleries hold untold treasures unequalled anywhere else in the world. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry. The family name has been represented in the city since the 10th century.
Early History of the Scrima family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Scrima research.Another 217 words (16 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Scrima History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Scrima Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Scrinairi, Scrigni, Scrima, Scryma, Scrygni and others.
Early Notables of the Scrima family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Scrima Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Scrima family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Scrima Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Antonio Scrima, aged 22, who settled in America, in 1903
- Guiseppa Scrima, aged 17, who emigrated to the United States from Aviano, Italy, in 1907
- Elisabetta Scrima, aged 3, who landed in America from Palermo, Sicily, in 1908
- Leonarda Scrima, aged 38, who landed in America from Greci, Italy, in 1910
- Leonardo Scrima, aged 1, who settled in America from Orsara, Italy, in 1910
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Scrima (post 1700)
- Cynthia Ann Scrima (b. 1997), American assistant, best known for her work on Titanic
- Antonina Scrima (b. 1996), Italian actress, known for her work on the television movie Baloche