Early Origins of the Scicchitano family
The surname Scicchitano was first found in Florence (Italian: Firenze), originally the capital of Tuscany
, then capital of the kingdom of Italy. On the River Arno there are numerous Florentine Churches, Museums, Galleries. It dates back to 313 A.D. The history is complex and turbulent. The de' Medici family are the notables. They were expelled in 1494 but they returned in 1512, out in 1527 and then returned. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Scicchitano family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Scicchitano research.Another 231 words (16 lines of text) covering the years 1457, 1672, 1404, 1359, 1475 and 1506 are included under the topic Early Scicchitano History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Scicchitano Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Scicolone, Scicli, Scichilone, Scicchitano, Scali, Scalia, Scala, Scali, Scaloni and many more.
Early Notables of the Scicchitano family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family was Guglielmo della Scala (English: William) (died 1404), assassinated his father in 1359, but was edged out of power by his uncle Cansignorio, with sons led a revolt against the... Another 36 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Scicchitano Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Scicchitano family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Scicchitano Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Francisco Scicchitano, aged 30, who arrived in America from Catanzaro, Italy, in 1904
- Gregorio Scicchitano, aged 28, who arrived in America from Borgia, Italy, in 1906
- Francescantonio Scicchitano, aged 36, who arrived in America from Satnano, Italy, in 1907
- Francesco Scicchitano, aged 27, who arrived in America from Girifalco, Italy, in 1909
- Alessandro Scicchitano, aged 18, who arrived in America from Isca Sull Ionio, Italy, in 1910
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Scicchitano (post 1700)
- Michael J. Scicchitano, American editor-in-chief of the State and Local Government Review of Gerogia (2006-)
- Filippo Scicchitano, Italian actor, best known for his role in Scialla! (2011)