Schultheis History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The name Schultheis comes from one of those ancient dukedoms, territories and states that would eventually form a part of present day Germany. At its birth in the Middle Ages, it was used to indicate someone who worked as a town-mayor derived from the medieval name "Schultheis" which has the same meaning.
Early Origins of the Schultheis family
The surname Schultheis was first found in Switzerland, where branches of this estimable family were elevated to the ranks of the nobility and came to possess great political influence. The name stems from the medieval name "Schultheis" which meant "town-mayor."
Early History of the Schultheis family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Schultheis research. Another 270 words (19 lines of text) covering the years 1224, 1680, 1661, 1693, 1719, 1615, 1683, 1747, 1800, 1770, 1849, 1808 and 1883 are included under the topic Early Schultheis History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Schultheis Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Schultz, Schultheis, Schultes, Schultz, Schultze, Schulz, Scholz and many more.
Early Notables of the Schultheis family (pre 1700)
Notables of the time with the surname Schultheis were Jerzy Georg Daniel Schultz the Younger (1615-1683), Prussian painter of the Baroque era; Johann Abraham Schultz (1747-1800), a composer and conductor of the orchestra of Prince Heinrich...
Another 35 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Schultheis Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Schultheis migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Schultheis Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Esther Susanna Schultheis, who settled in America with her five children in 1709
- Johann Georg Schultheis, who arrived in New York, NY in 1710 
- Johannes Schultheis, who arrived in New York, NY in 1710 
Schultheis Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Franz Schultheis, who arrived in St Clair County, Illinois in 1845 
- Auguste Schultheis, who landed in Texas in 1846 
- Henry Schultheis, who landed in St Clair County, Illinois in 1859 
- John Schultheis, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1864 
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)