Schult History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The name Schult comes from one of those ancient dukedoms, territories and states that would eventually form a part of present day Germany. At its birth in the Middle Ages, it was used to indicate someone who worked as a town-mayor derived from the medieval name "Schultheis" which has the same meaning.
Early Origins of the Schult family
The surname Schult was first found in Switzerland, where branches of this estimable family were elevated to the ranks of the nobility and came to possess great political influence. The name stems from the medieval name "Schultheis" which meant "town-mayor."
Early History of the Schult family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Schult research. Another 270 words (19 lines of text) covering the years 1224, 1680, 1661, 1693, 1719, 1615, 1683, 1747, 1800, 1770, 1849, 1808 and 1883 are included under the topic Early Schult History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Schult Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Schultz, Schultheis, Schultes, Schultz, Schultze, Schulz, Scholz and many more.
Early Notables of the Schult family (pre 1700)
Notables of the time with the surname Schult were Jerzy Georg Daniel Schultz the Younger (1615-1683), Prussian painter of the Baroque era; Johann Abraham Schultz (1747-1800), a composer and conductor of the orchestra of Prince Heinrich...
Another 35 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Schult Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Schult migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Schult Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- H Schult, who arrived in New York in 1850 
- Johaan Schult, who landed in Texas in 1850-1906 
- John Schult, who arrived in New York, NY in 1850 
- Christian Carl Friedrich Schult, who arrived in New York, NY in 1851 
- Christiane Marie Dorothea Schult, who landed in New York, NY in 1851 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Schult migration to Australia +
Emigration to Australia
followed the First Fleets
of convicts, tradespeople and early settlers. Early immigrants include:
Schult Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- Heinrich Christian Carl Schult, aged 47, who arrived in South Australia in 1857 aboard the ship "Victoria"
Contemporary Notables of the name Schult (post 1700) +
- Art Schult (b. 1928), American retired Major League Baseball player
- Rolf Schult (b. 1927), German voice actor
- Jürgen Schult (b. 1960), German three-time gold medalist track and field athlete
- Emil Schult (b. 1946), German painter, poet and musician
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)