100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
The surname Schrader was first found in the northern land of Braunschweig (Brunswick,) where the name was closely identified in early mediaeval times with the feudal
society which would become the backbone of modern Europe. The name would later emerge as a noble family with great influence, having many distinguished branches, and become noted for its particular involvement in military and political affairs.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Schrader, Schrade, Schraeder, Schraedere, Schraed and others.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Schrader research. Another 205 words (15 lines of text) covering the years 1708, 1709, 1736, 1809, and 1826 are included under the topic Early Schrader History in all our PDF Extended History products
Another 57 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Schrader Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Schrader Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Johann Christian Schrader, who arrived in Philadelphia in 1754
- Joh Christian Schrader, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1754
- Philip Christian Schrader, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1767
- Philipp Christian Schrader arrived in Philadelphia in 1767
- Julius Schrader and Jacob Schrader both came to America in 1776
Schrader Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Heinr Conrd Hem Schrader, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1803
- Amelie Von Schrader, who arrived in North America in 1832-1849
- E B Schrader, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1835
- Frederick Schrader, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1840
- David Schrader, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1841
Schrader Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Heinrich Schrader and Magnus Schrader both arrived in Canada in 1783
Schrader Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- August Ferdinand Schrader, aged 21, arrived in South Australia in 1847 aboard the ship "Hermann von Beckerath"
- Herman Frederick Schrader, aged 36, a painter, arrived in South Australia in 1849 aboard the ship "Steinwaerder"
- Leonard Schrader (1943-2006), Academy Award-nominated American screenwriter and director
- Kurt Schrader (b. 1951), American politician
- Ken Schrader (b. 1955), American racecar driver
- Jim Schrader (1932-1972), American football player
- Helena Schrader (b. 1953), American historian and novelist
- Gus Schrader (1895-1941), American racecar driver
- David Schrader (b. 1952), American harpsichordist, organist, and fortepianist
- Carol Schrader (b. 1951), American TV presenter
- Barry Schrader (b. 1945), American composer
- Beverly Schrader, American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from Wyoming, 1972
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Steed, Henry Wickham . The Hapsburg Monarchy. London: Constable and Company, 1919. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Tarneller, Josef. Zur Namenkunde Tirolen Familiennamen. Bozen: Buchhandlung, 1923. Print.
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Hopeful Journeys German Immigration, Settlement, and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Kneschke, Dr. Ernest Heinrich. Neues allgemeines Deutsches Adels-Lexicon 9 Volumes New General German Aristocracy Lexicon. Leipzig: Friedrich Voigt, 1859. Print.
- Nied, Edmund. Fraenkische Familiennamen urkundlich gesammelt und sprachlich gedeutet. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1933. Print.
- Tobler-Meyer, Wilhelm. Familiennamen der Ostschweiz. Zürich: 1894. Print.
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Journeys German Immigration, Settlement and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
The Schrader Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Schrader Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 25 March 2016 at 11:49.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- no headaches!