on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the German Schrader family come from? What is the German Schrader family crest and coat of arms? When did the Schrader family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Schrader family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Schrader, Schrade, Schraeder, Schraedere, Schraed and others.
First found in the northern land of Braunschweig (Brunswick,) where the name was closely identified in early mediaeval times with the feudal society which would become the backbone of modern Europe. The name would later emerge as a noble family with great influence, having many distinguished branches, and become noted for its particular involvement in military and political affairs.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Schrader research. Another 205 words (15 lines of text) covering the years 1708, 1709, 1736, 1809, and 1826 are included under the topic Early Schrader History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 57 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Schrader Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Schrader Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Johann Christian Schrader, who arrived in Philadelphia in 1754
- Joh Christian Schrader, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1754
- Philip Christian Schrader, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1767
- Philipp Christian Schrader arrived in Philadelphia in 1767
- Julius Schrader and Jacob Schrader both came to America in 1776
Schrader Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Heinr Conrd Hem Schrader, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1803
- Amelie Von Schrader, who arrived in North America in 1832-1849
- E B Schrader, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1835
- Frederick Schrader, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1840
- David Schrader, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1841
Schrader Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Heinrich Schrader and Magnus Schrader both arrived in Canada in 1783
Schrader Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- August Ferdinand Schrader, aged 21, arrived in South Australia in 1847 aboard the ship "Hermann von Beckerath"
- Herman Frederick Schrader, aged 36, a painter, arrived in South Australia in 1849 aboard the ship "Steinwaerder"
- Leonard Schrader (1943-2006), Academy Award-nominated American screenwriter and director
- Kurt Schrader (b. 1951), American politician
- Ken Schrader (b. 1955), American racecar driver
- Jim Schrader (1932-1972), American football player
- Helena Schrader (b. 1953), American historian and novelist
- Gus Schrader (1895-1941), American racecar driver
- David Schrader (b. 1952), American harpsichordist, organist, and fortepianist
- Carol Schrader (b. 1951), American TV presenter
- Barry Schrader (b. 1945), American composer
- Beverly Schrader, American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from Wyoming, 1972
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Journeys German Immigration, Settlement and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Strassburger, Ralph B. German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Karlsruhe. Badisches Generallandesarchiv Baden Emigration lists 1866-1911. Salt Lake City: Microfilm of Card Index by the Genealogical Society of Utah. Print.
- Göbel, Otto. Niederdeutsche Familiennamen der Gegenwart Wolfshagen-Schäbentz. Franz: Westphal, 1936. Print.
- Schenk, Trudy. Wuerttemberg Emigration Index Volume I-VIII. Salt Lake City: Ancestry Inc., 1986. Print.
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Hopeful Journeys German Immigration, Settlement, and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
The Schrader Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Schrader Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 22 October 2015 at 11:26.
on orders of $85 or more