Schout History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Schout family
The surname Schout was first found in Belgium, where the name became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. The name was first recorded in East Flanders, a province in Belgium. Within this province the notable towns are Ghent, the capital city, St Nicolas, Alost, Termonde and Oudenarde. In their later history the surname became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into a most influential family.
Important Dates for the Schout family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Schout research. Another 66 words (5 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Schout History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Schout Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Schoot, van Schoote, Schout, Schoute, Schüt, Schoote, Schoete, Schoet, Schut, van Shoot, van Schoot, van Schute and many more.
Early Notables of the Schout family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Schout Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Schout migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Typical Schout Emigration from the United Kingdom to North America
Schout Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Anna Elisabetha Schout, who arrived in New York, NY in 1711
Schout Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Gertrui Schout, who settled in New York, NY in 1847
- Gertrui Schout, aged 20, who landed in New York, NY in 1847 
- Willem Schout, who settled in America in 1857
You May Also Like
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)