Schonberg History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Schonberg family
The surname Schonberg was first found in Bavaria
, where the name was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. They branched into many houses, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power. Frederick Schomberg accompanied William III to England
in 1688 and ultimately created the Duke of Schomnberg there. CITATION[CLOSE]
Lowe, Mark Anthony, Patronymica Britannica, A Dictionary of Family Names of the United Kingdom. London: John Russel Smith, 1860. Print.
Early History of the Schonberg family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Schonberg research.Another 283 words (20 lines of text) covering the years 1645, 1693 and 1693 are included under the topic Early Schonberg History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Schonberg Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Schomburg, Schomberg, Schomar, Schonerg, Schonberg, Schombergh, Scombergh, Von Schomberg and many more.
Early Notables of the Schonberg family (pre 1700)
Another 35 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Schonberg Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Schonberg family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Schonberg Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Jacob Schonberg, who settled in Texas in 1845
- Louise Schonberg, who arrived in New York in 1853
Contemporary Notables of the name Schonberg (post 1700)
- Harold C Schonberg (b. 1915), prominent American music historian and critic who won a Pulitzer prize in 1971
- Mary G. Schonberg, American politician, Candidate for Justice of New York Supreme Court 9th District, 1915; Candidate for U.S. Representative from New York 24th District, 1916 CITATION[CLOSE]
The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 22) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
Schonberg Family Crest Products
- ^ Lowe, Mark Anthony, Patronymica Britannica, A Dictionary of Family Names of the United Kingdom. London: John Russel Smith, 1860. Print.
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 22) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html