on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the German Schnell family come from? What is the German Schnell family crest and coat of arms? When did the Schnell family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Schnell family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Schnell, Schnel, Schnelle, Snell, Snelle, Schneller, Schnellmann and many more.
First found in Bavaria, where the name was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. They branched into many houses, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Schnell research. Another 207 words (15 lines of text) covering the years 1733, 1785, and 1856 are included under the topic Early Schnell History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Schnell Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Schnell Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Jacob Schnell, who landed in New York in 1709
- Just Schnell, who landed in New York in 1709
- Johann Leonhart Schnell, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1742
- Leonard Schnell, who landed in New York, NY in 1742
- Michael Schnell, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1742
Schnell Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Anna Elizabeth Schnell, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1802
- Johann Jost Schnell, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1802
- Johan Philip Schnell, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1802
- Levi Schnell, who landed in Ohio in 1835
- Carl Schnell, aged 15, arrived in New Orleans, La in 1845
Schnell Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- George Schnell, who landed in Wisconsin in 1920
- Ray Schnell (1893-1907), American politician from North Dakota; state legislator and lieutenant governor
- William E. Schnell, American politician, Mayor of Tonawanda, New York, 1916
- Richard J. Schnell, American Democrat politician, Postmaster at Elgin, Illinois, 1948-71 (acting, 1948-51)
- Gary Schnell, American Republican politician, Alternate Delegate to Republican National Convention from North Dakota, 1972
- Donald Schnell, American Republican politician, Candidate for Wisconsin State Assembly 6th District, 1974
- F. Wolfgang Schnell (1913-2006), German professor of applied genetics and plant breeding
- Henry Schnell (1868-1869), German arms dealer in Japan during the Boshin war
- Siegfried Schnell (1916-1944), German ace fighter pilot in the Luftwaffe during WWII, recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Georg H. Schnell (1878-1951), German film actor
- Frederick H Schnell, German radio manager
- Steed, Henry Wickham . The Hapsburg Monarchy. London: Constable and Company, 1919. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Tarneller, Josef. Zur Namenkunde Tirolen Familiennamen. Bozen: Buchhandlung, 1923. Print.
- Karlsruhe. Badisches Generallandesarchiv Baden Emigration lists 1866-1911. Salt Lake City: Microfilm of Card Index by the Genealogical Society of Utah. Print.
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Nied, Edmund. Fraenkische Familiennamen urkundlich gesammelt und sprachlich gedeutet. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1933. Print.
- Hildenbrand, A.M. Wappenfibel. Handbuch der Heraldik. Neustadt an der Aisch: 1970. Print.
- Garland, Mary and Henry Garland Editions. Oxford Companion To German Literature 3rd Edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1997. Print. (ISBN 0198158963).
- Brechenmacher, Josef Karlmann. Deutches Namenbuch. Stuttgart: Verlag von Adolf Bonz & Comp, 1928. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
The Schnell Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Schnell Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 22 October 2015 at 11:14.
on orders of $85 or more