FREE SHIPPING on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Schneeweiss family come from? What is the German Schneeweiss family crest and coat of arms? When did the Schneeweiss family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Schneeweiss family history?The Schneeweiss surname is a habitational name derived from any of several places in Germany, Bohemia, and Austria named Schneeberg. These place names derived from the German word "schnee," meaning "snow," and "berg," or "mountain."
Spelling variations of this family name include: Schneeberger, Schneeburg, Schnech, Scheewasser, Schneeweiss, Schnaberg, Schnabelburg and many more.
First found in Switzerland, where the name came from humble beginnings but gained a significant reputation for its contribution to the emerging mediaeval society. It later became more prominent as many branches of the same house acquired distant estates and branches, some in foreign countries, always elevating their social status by their great contributions to society.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Schneeweiss research. Another 215 words(15 lines of text) covering the years 1524, 1664, 1792, 1546, 1692 and 1751 are included under the topic Early Schneeweiss History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 39 words(3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Schneeweiss Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Schneeweiss Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
Schneeweiss Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
The Schneeweiss Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Schneeweiss Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 21 January 2014 at 19:11.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.