Schlueter History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The name Schlueter derived from the Middle Low German term "schlütter" meaning "doorkeeper." It is supposed that the name was originally occupational for the keeper of the supplies of a large household.
Early Origins of the Schlueter family
The surname Schlueter was first found in Bremen, where Henrich Sclutere was the first of the name on record, in 1311. Other early records include Johann Sluthere, who lived in Luebeck in 1344 and Frederic Slutere, who was Lord Mayor of Quedlinburg in 1349.
Early History of the Schlueter family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Schlueter research. Another 39 words (3 lines of text) covering the years 1406, 1627, 1673, 1664, 1714 and 1711 are included under the topic Early Schlueter History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Schlueter Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Schluder, Slutter, Schlutt, Schlutter, Schluther, Schluterman, Sluter, Sluyter, Schluether, Schluetter and many more.
Early Notables of the Schlueter family (pre 1700)
Notables of the time included Claus Sluter (d. 1406), Dutch sculptor, whose works survive to this day; Willem Sluyter (1627-1673), German vicar and writer b ron in Eibergen...
Another 27 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Schlueter Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Schlueter migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Schlueter Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Andreas Schlueter, who landed in America in 1781 
- Andreas Schlueter, a German mercenary soldier, who served under the British in the American Revolution
Schlueter Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Herman Schlueter, aged 23, who landed in Missouri in 1846 
- Ludwig Schlueter, aged 56, who landed in Missouri in 1848 
- W Christian Schlueter, who arrived in New York, NY in 1850 
- Julia Schlueter, who arrived in New York, NY in 1850 
- Heinrich Schlueter, who arrived in Texas in 1850-1906 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Schlueter (post 1700) +
- Norman John Schlueter (1916-2004), American Major League Baseball catcher
- Dale Wayne Schlueter (b. 1945), American former professional basketball player
- Jay D Schlueter (1949-2010), American Major League Baseball outfielder
- Charles Schlueter, American trumpet player with the Boston Symphony Orchestra
- William Schlueter, American Democrat politician, Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Kentucky, 1916 
- Stan Schlueter, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Texas, 1980 
- John H. Schlueter, American politician, Member of South Dakota State House of Representatives 11th District, 1945-48 
- Fred W. Schlueter (b. 1895), American Republican politician, Member of Wisconsin State Assembly from Fond du Lac County 2nd District, 1955-64 
- Fred C. Schlueter, American Republican politician, Candidate for Mayor of Norwood, Ohio, 1939 
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 19) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html