on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Schiller family come from? What is the German Schiller family crest and coat of arms? When did the Schiller family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Schiller family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Schiller, Schillers, Schilers and others.
First found in Wuerttemberg, where the name was closely identified in early mediaeval times with the feudal society which would become prominent throughout European history. The name would later emerge as a noble family with great influence, having many distinguished branches, and become noted for its involvement in social, economic and political affairs.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Schiller research. Another 215 words (15 lines of text) covering the years 1580, 1601, 1627, and 1802 are included under the topic Early Schiller History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 50 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Schiller Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Schiller Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Johann Christian Schiller, who arrived in Philadelphia in 1749
- Johann Ludwig Ernst Schiller settled in America in 1754
- Joh Lud Ernst Schiller, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1754
- Johann Schiller, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1754
- Ludwig Schiller, who landed in Lancaster, Pennsylvania in 1760
Schiller Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Christoph Schiller, aged 29, arrived in Missouri in 1839
- Wilhelm Schiller, who arrived in Texas in 1846
- Joh Chr Schiller, aged 20, landed in New York in 1849
- Peter Joseph Schiller, aged 60, arrived in Missouri in 1849
- Christ Schiller, aged 28, landed in New York, NY in 1852
Schiller Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- August Benjamin Schiller arrived in Canada at the age of 25 in 1783
- John Schiller (1830-1926), Union Army soldier during the American Civil War, recipient of the Medal of Honor for his actions at the Battle of Chaffin's Farm
- Herbert Irving Schiller (1919-2000), American media critic, sociologist, author, and scholar
- Eric Schiller (b. 1955), American chess player
- Karl August Fritz Schiller (1911-1994), German scientist and politician
- Ferdinand Canning Scott Schiller (1864-1937), influential German-born philosopher
- Philip W. Schiller (b. 1960), senior vice president of worldwide product marketing at Apple Inc
- Heinz Schiller (1930-2007), Swiss former racing driver
- Christian Schiller (1895-1976), HM Inspector of Schools in the United Kingdom
- The Schiller-Vallier and Related Families by Katherine Schiller Mulanax.
- Steed, Henry Wickham . The Hapsburg Monarchy. London: Constable and Company, 1919. Print.
- Karlsruhe. Badisches Generallandesarchiv Baden Emigration lists 1866-1911. Salt Lake City: Microfilm of Card Index by the Genealogical Society of Utah. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Kneschke, Dr. Ernest Heinrich. Neues allgemeines Deutsches Adels-Lexicon 9 Volumes New General German Aristocracy Lexicon. Leipzig: Friedrich Voigt, 1859. Print.
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmachers Wappenbuch. München, Battenberg: 1975. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Schenk, Trudy. Wuerttemberg Emigration Index Volume I-VIII. Salt Lake City: Ancestry Inc., 1986. Print.
- Neubecker, Ottfried. Wappen-Bilder-Lexikon der bürgerlichen Geschlechter Deutschlands, Oesterreichs und der Schweiz. Battenberg, München: 1985. Print.
The Schiller Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Schiller Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 1 October 2014 at 16:58.
on orders of $85 or more