on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Origins Available: Austrian, German
Where did the German Scheer family come from? What is the German Scheer family crest and coat of arms? When did the Scheer family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Scheer family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Scherer, Scher, Scherers, Schere, Scherr, Scherrer and many more.
First found in Austria, where the name emerged in mediaeval times as one of the notable families of the region. From the 13th century the surname was identified with the great social and economic evolution which made this nation a landmark contributor to the development of Europe.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Scheer research. Another 399 words(28 lines of text) covering the years 1298, 1816, 1807, 1631, 1712, 1747, 1804, 1795, 1841, 1886, 1815 and 1889 are included under the topic Early Scheer History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 111 words(8 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Scheer Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Scheer Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Samuel Scheer, aged 21, arrived in Pennsylvania in 1732
- Johann Michael Scheer, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1752
- Johann Michael Scheer arrived in Philadelphia in 1754 with his wife Margretha Mattheis and their 10 children
- Peter Scheer, who landed in New York, NY in 1782
- Hartmann Scheer, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1792
Scheer Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Anna Katharina Scheer, who arrived in America in 1837
- Jacob Scheer, aged 26, landed in Missouri in 1840
- Henrietta Wilh Scheer, aged 29, landed in America in 1843
- Johann Heinrich F Conrad Scheer, who arrived in America in 1854
- Johann Heinrich Friedrich C Scheer, who landed in America in 1854
Scheer Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Abraham Scheer, aged 0, who landed in America from Bieliny, Galicia, Austria, in 1900
- Andrus Scheer, aged 4, who emigrated to the United States from Norstrand, Germany, in 1907
- Anna Scheer, aged 5, who landed in America from Norstrand, Germany, in 1907
- Abraham Scheer, aged 31, who landed in America from Szetrcosin, Russia, in 1909
- Abraham Scheer, aged 3, who emigrated to the United States from Drohobycz, Austria, in 1911
- Mary Scheer (b. 1967), American actress
- Paul Scheer (b. 1976), American comedian
- Robert Scheer (b. 1936), American journalist
- Edna H. Scheer (1926-2000), American pitcher who played in the All-American Girls Professional Baseball League
- Allen George "Al" Scheer (1888-1959), American Major League Baseball outfielder from 1913 to 1915
- Reinhard Scheer (1863-1928), German Admiral, introduced many improvements in submarine tactics and was in command of the German High Sea Fleet during the First World War
- August-Wilhelm Scheer (b. 1941), German businessman
- Hermann Scheer (b. 1944), German politician
- K. H. Scheer (1928-1991), Germany science fiction writer
- Jens Scheer (1935-1994), German physicist, professor of nuclear physics at the University of Bremen
- Schenk, Trudy. Wuerttemberg Emigration Index Volume I-VIII. Salt Lake City: Ancestry Inc., 1986. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Nied, Edmund. Fraenkische Familiennamen urkundlich gesammelt und sprachlich gedeutet. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1933. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans and Edda Gentry. Translation Dictionary of German Names 2nd Edition. Madison: University of Wisconsin, 2002. Print.
- Steed, Henry Wickham . The Hapsburg Monarchy. London: Constable and Company, 1919. Print.
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Zoder, Rudolf. Familiennamen in Ostfalen. Hildesheim: Geog Olms Verlagsbuchhandlung, 1968. Print.
- Gritzner, M. Handbuch der heraldischen Terminologie in zwölf Zungen. Nürnberg: 1890. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans (Edda Gentry trns). Dictionary of German Names . Madison, Wisconsin: Max Kade Institute, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-924119-35-7).
The Scheer Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Scheer Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 7 October 2013 at 14:33.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
on orders of $85 or more