on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
The Schaper surname is derived from the Middle High German word "schaf," meaning "sheep." As such, the name is thought to have originally been occupational.
The surname Schaper was first found in Prussia
, where the name emerged in medieval times as one of the notable families of the region. From the 13th century the surname was identified with the great social and economic evolution which made this territory a landmark contributor to the development of the nation.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Schaper, Schapper, Schapere, Schapers, Schaperes, Schappers, Schappere, Schaaper, Schaeper, Shaper, Schaperr and many more.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Schaper research. Another 208 words (15 lines of text) covering the years 1714 and 1789 are included under the topic Early Schaper History in all our PDF Extended History products
More information is included under the topic Early Schaper Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Schaper Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Heinrich Schaper, who landed in America in 1778
- Heinr Schaper, who arrived in America in 1783
- Jurgen Schaper, who landed in America in 1783
Schaper Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Bern Heinr Schaper, who arrived in America in 1820
- Joh Schaper, who landed in North America in 1832-1849
- Joh Fr Samuel Schaper, who arrived in Louisiana in 1833
- Joh Heinr Schaper, who landed in America in 1834
- Henry Schaper, who landed in New York in 1841
- Tobler-Meyer, Wilhelm. Familiennamen der Ostschweiz. Zürich: 1894. Print.
- Steed, Henry Wickham . The Hapsburg Monarchy. London: Constable and Company, 1919. Print.
- Brechenmacher, Josef Karlmann. Deutches Namenbuch. Stuttgart: Verlag von Adolf Bonz & Comp, 1928. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Haverkamp, Alfred. Medieval Germany 1056-1273 2nd edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmacher's Grosses Wappenbuch 35 Volumes. Germany: Bauer & Raspe. Print.
- Jones, George F. The Germans of Colonial Georgia 1733-1783 Revised edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0806311614).
- Bahlow, Hans (Edda Gentry trns). Dictionary of German Names . Madison, Wisconsin: Max Kade Institute, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-924119-35-7).
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Journeys German Immigration, Settlement and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
The Schaper Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Schaper Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 19 December 2014 at 10:12.
on orders of $85 or more