Schaeper History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The Schaeper surname is derived from the Middle High German word "schaf," meaning "sheep." As such, the name is thought to have originally been occupational.
Early Origins of the Schaeper family
The surname Schaeper was first found in Prussia, where the name emerged in medieval times as one of the notable families of the region. From the 13th century the surname was identified with the great social and economic evolution which made this territory a landmark contributor to the development of the nation.
Early History of the Schaeper family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Schaeper research. Another 84 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1714 and 1789 are included under the topic Early Schaeper History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Schaeper Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Schaper, Schapper, Schapere, Schapers, Schaperes, Schappers, Schappere, Schaaper, Schaeper, Shaper, Schaperr and many more.
Early Notables of the Schaeper family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Schaeper Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
| Schaeper migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Schaeper Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Franz Schaeper, who settled in America in 1831
- Berndhenrich Schaeper, who settled in America in 1831
- Ferdinand Schaeper, who arrived in America in 1831
- Johann Bernd Schaeper, who settled in America in 1834
- Joh Schaeper, who landed in America in 1842 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
- Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)