Early Origins of the Scarpelli family
The surname Scarpelli was first found in Florence (Italian: Firenze), originally the capital of Tuscany
, then capital of the kingdom of Italy. On the River Arno there are numerous Florentine Churches, Museums, Galleries. It dates back to 313 A.D. The history is complex and turbulent. The de' Medici family are the notables. They were expelled in 1494 but they returned in 1512, out in 1527 and then returned. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Scarpelli family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Scarpelli research.Another 291 words (21 lines of text) covering the year 1355 is included under the topic Early Scarpelli History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Scarpelli Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Scarlato, Scarlatti, Scarlata, Scarlatto, Scarlatu, Scarpato, Scarpatto, Scarpatti, Scarpatu, Scarpata, Scarpatta, Scarpati, Scarpattu, Sgarlatu, Sgarlato, Sgarlatto, Sgarlatti, Sgarlati, Sgarlata, Sgarlatta, Scarlati, Scarlatta, Scarlattu, Sgarlattu, Scarlattini, Scarlattino and many more.
Early Notables of the Scarpelli family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Scarpelli Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Scarpelli family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Scarpelli Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Salvatore Scarpelli, who settled in Washington sometime between 1859 and 1920
- John Scarpelli, who arrived in Washington sometime between 1859 and 1920
Scarpelli Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Bartolo Scarpelli, who landed in America, in 1909
- Adalgisio Scarpelli, aged 29, who settled in America from Crodo, Italy, in 1910
- Beniamino Scarpelli, aged 33, who emigrated to America from Pratoianni, Italy, in 1911
- Emilio Scarpelli, aged 29, who landed in America from Lappano, Italy, in 1911
- Caterina Scarpelli, aged 20, who landed in America from Celieo, Italy, in 1912
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Scarpelli (post 1700)
- Craig Scarpelli (b. 1961), retired American soccer goalkeeper
- Glenn Christopher Scarpelli (b. 1966), American former child actor and singer
- Henry Scarpelli (1930-2010), American comic book artist
- Furio Scarpelli (1919-2010), better known as "Scarpelli," an Italian screenwriter