Early Origins of the Scarpa family
The surname Scarpa was first found in Florence (Italian: Firenze), originally the capital of Tuscany
, then capital of the kingdom of Italy. On the River Arno there are numerous Florentine Churches, Museums, Galleries. It dates back to 313 A.D. The history is complex and turbulent. The de' Medici family are the notables. They were expelled in 1494 but they returned in 1512, out in 1527 and then returned. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Scarpa family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Scarpa research.Another 291 words (21 lines of text) covering the year 1355 is included under the topic Early Scarpa History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Scarpa Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Scarlato, Scarlatti, Scarlata, Scarlatto, Scarlatu, Scarpato, Scarpatto, Scarpatti, Scarpatu, Scarpata, Scarpatta, Scarpati, Scarpattu, Sgarlatu, Sgarlato, Sgarlatto, Sgarlatti, Sgarlati, Sgarlata, Sgarlatta, Scarlati, Scarlatta, Scarlattu, Sgarlattu, Scarlattini, Scarlattino and many more.
Early Notables of the Scarpa family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Scarpa Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Scarpa family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Scarpa Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Julio Scarpa, who settled in Alabama in 1860
- John Scarpa, who settled in San Francisco in 1875
Contemporary Notables of the name Scarpa (post 1700)
- Lawrence Scarpa (b. 1959), award-winning American architect
- Fernando Scarpa (b. 1968), Italian international award-winning director and actor
- Daniele Scarpa (b. 1964), Italian Olympic sprint canoer
- Romano Scarpa (1927-2005), one of the most famous Italian creators of Disney comics
- Carlo Scarpa (1906-1978), Italian architect and also also a glass and furniture designer of note
- Roque Esteban Scarpa (1914-1995), Chilean writer, literary critic and scholar who won the Chilean National Prize for Literature in 1980