Scarcella History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Scarcella family
The surname Scarcella was first found in Bolgna (Latin: Bononia), the largest city and the capital of Emilia-Romagna Region. The famous University of Bolgna was founded in the 11th century, by the 13th century the student body was nearly 10,000. Dante and Petrarch studied there. Tisso was tried there for 1564 for writing satirical poems. Bologna naturally, is famous for its sausages. But many noted scholars were born there. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time was in itself a family honor.
Early History of the Scarcella family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Scarcella research. Another 97 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 140 and 1400 are included under the topic Early Scarcella History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Scarcella Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Scarcella, Scarzella, Scarsello, Scarcelli, Scarzelli, Scarsa, Scarsi, Scarso and many more.
Early Notables of the Scarcella family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Scarcella Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Scarcella migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Scarcella Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Antonino Scarcella, aged 22, who immigrated to America from Palmi, Italy, in 1907
- Antonino Scarcella, aged 25, who landed in America from Giardini, Sicily, in 1910
- Andrea Scarcella, aged 48, who landed in America from Leposano, Italy, in 1910
- Carmine Scarcella, aged 25, who landed in America from Dipignano, Italy, in 1910
- Francesco Scarcella, aged 20, who landed in America from Paluci, Italy, in 1910
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Scarcella (post 1700) +
- Lou Scarcella, American actor, best known for his role on The Daily Show (2007)
- Bernadette Scarcella, American actress
- Sebastiano Scarcella (b. 1925), Italian rector and jurist from San Giovanni Rotondo, Italy
- Lorenzo Scarcella, Italian actor
- Giuseppe Scarcella, Italian actor
Related Stories +