100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Sauter family come from? What is the German Sauter family crest and coat of arms? When did the Sauter family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Sauter family history?The German name Sauter comes from the historic region of Austria. The name itself is derived from the Middle High German word "suter," and is an occupational name for a shoemaker or cobbler.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Sutter, Suter, Sauter, Sautter, Seuter, Seutter, Seiter, Sutterer and many more.
First found in Austria, where bearers of this surname have been prominent contributors to the development of the district from ancient times. Always prominent in social affairs, the family name became an integral part of that turbulent region as it emerged to form alliances with other families within the Feudal System and the nation.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Sauter research. Another 133 words(10 lines of text) covering the years 1314, 1642 and 1705 are included under the topic Early Sauter History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 23 words(2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Sauter Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Sauter Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Joh Philip Sauter, who came to Philadelphia in 1732
- Joh Philip Sauter, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1732
- Hans Martin Sauter, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1733
- Johan Sauter, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1738
- Johannes Sauter, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1749
Sauter Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- John Jacob Sauter, who landed in Maryland in 1831
- Mich Sauter, who arrived in Texas in 1846
- August Sauter, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1850
- Conrad Sauter, who arrived in St Clair County, Illinois in 1856
- Charles Sauter, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1877
- Tim Sauter (b. 1964), American race car driver
- Albert C. Sauter (1868-1928), Major League Baseball infielder
- Cory Justin Sauter (b. 1974), American football coach and former NFL quarterback
- Johnathan Joseph Sauter (b. 1978), American NASCAR driver from Wisconsin
- Edward Ernest Sauter (1914-1981), American composer and jazz arranger
- Mr. Rudolf Sauter (1901-1937), German Chief Engineer from Frankfurt, Germany, who worked on board the Hindenburg LZ-129 and survived the Airship Fire on May 6, 1937
- Joachim Sauter (b. 1959), German media artist and designer
- Fritz Eduard Josef Maria Sauter (1906-1983), Austrian-German physicist
- Peeter Sauter (b. 1962), Estonian author and actor
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 2000. Print. (ISBN 978-0806303024).
- Karlsruhe. Badisches Generallandesarchiv Baden Emigration lists 1866-1911. Salt Lake City: Microfilm of Card Index by the Genealogical Society of Utah. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Garland, Mary and Henry Garland Editions. Oxford Companion To German Literature 3rd Edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1997. Print. (ISBN 0198158963).
- Bahlow, Hans and Edda Gentry. Translation Dictionary of German Names 2nd Edition. Madison: University of Wisconsin, 2002. Print.
- Strassburger, Ralph B. Pennsylvania German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Neubecker, Ottfried. Wappen-Bilder-Lexikon der bürgerlichen Geschlechter Deutschlands, Oesterreichs und der Schweiz. Battenberg, München: 1985. Print.
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Götze, Alfred. Familiennamen im badischen Oberland. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1918. Print.
The Sauter Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Sauter Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 13 November 2014 at 16:21.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!