Santucci History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The surname Santucci is patronymic in origin, meaning it was based on the first name of a forefather. In this case, Santucci is derived from the Latin word "sanctus," meaning "holy" or "devout," thus the original bearer of the name was known to be a holy and devout person.
Early Origins of the Santucci family
The surname Santucci was first found in northern Italy, particularly in the regions of Piedmont, Lombardy and Tuscany.
Early History of the Santucci family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Santucci research. More information is included under the topic Early Santucci History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Santucci Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: De Santi, De Santis, Santo, Santucci, Santino, De Sanctis and many more.
Early Notables of the Santucci family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family was Teodoro Santi di Alessandria, who waged war in Inghilterra, in the 10th century, under the flag of Arnolfo VI, count...
Another 27 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Santucci Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Santucci is the 10,986th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name.  However, in France, the name Santucci is ranked the 6,732nd most popular surname with an estimated 1,000 - 1,500 people with that name. 
Santucci migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Santucci Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Concetta Santucci, aged 6, who landed in America from Termoli, Campobasso, Italy, in 1906
- Carlo Santucci, aged 26, who immigrated to the United States from Pizzone, Italy, in 1907
- Enrico Santucci, aged 27, who settled in America from Monteroduni, Italy, in 1907
- Agostino Santucci, aged 27, who landed in America from Acciano, Italy, in 1907
- Agostino Santucci, aged 31, who immigrated to America from Carpineto, Italy, in 1909
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Santucci (post 1700) +
- Thomas J. Santucci, American Democratic Party politician, Candidate for New York State Senate 15th District, 1984
- John J. Santucci (b. 1931), American Democratic Party politician, Member of New York State Senate 11th District, 1968-77 ; Candidate in primary for borough President of Queens, New York, 1969
- Fred T. Santucci, American Democratic Party politician, Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from New York, 1964
- John J. Santucci (1931-2016), American lawyer and politician, New York State Senator (1968-1972)
- Chris Santucci (b. 1962), American film producer, commercial photographer and cameraman from Buffalo, New York
- Barbara Jean Santucci (b. 1947), American artist, poet and author of several children's books from Chicago, Illinois
- Dan Santucci (b. 1983), American NFL football center from Chicago, Illinois
- Nicholas Joseph "Nico" Santucci (b. 1967), Italian-American restaurateur, entrepreneur and designer, founder and Chief Executive Officer of Black Door Global
- Vincenzo Santucci (1796-1861), Italian Cardinal
- Michele Santucci (b. 1989), Italian three-time gold, two-time silver and bronze medalist swimmer from Castiglion Fiorentino
- ... (Another 1 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ http://www.journaldesfemmes.com/nom-de-famille/nom/