Santini History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Santini family
The surname Santini was first found in Lucca, a city and comune in Tuscany, capital of the province of Lucca and where Bascilican type churches abound. The history commences in 218 B.C., and passed through many hands in the intervening centuries. Many notable scholars and prelates lived here. The cathedral of St Martin was begun in 1060 by Bishop Anselm, later Pope Alexander II. It has many museums and galleries. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Santini family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Santini research. Another 118 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1400, 1339, 1435, 1494, 1627, 1697, 1677 and 1723 are included under the topic Early Santini History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Santini Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Santinni, Santanna, Santana, Santanno, Santinelli, Santilli, Santi and many more.
Early Notables of the Santini family (pre 1700)
Another 44 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Santini Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Santini migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Santini Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- John Santini, who arrived in New York in 1833
- Simon Santini, who settled in Georgia in 1840
- Vincenzo Santini, who settled in Pennsylvania in 1890
Contemporary Notables of the name Santini (post 1700) +
- Victor Santini, American Republican politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from New York 22nd District, 1935, 1936
- Leo A. Santini, American Democrat politician, Candidate in primary for Michigan State Senate 11th District, 1954
- James David Santini (b. 1937), American politician, Representative from Nevada at-large, 1975-83; Republican Candidate for U.S. Senator from Nevada, 1986
- James David Santini (1937-2015), American politician, Member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Nevada (1975-1983)
- Robert "Bob" Santini (b. 1932), American former professional NBA basketball player who played in 1955 for the New York Knicks
- Dalmazio Santini (1923-2001), Italian-born, American composer
- Gabriele Santini (1886-1964), Italian conductor
- Jorge Santini Padilla, Puerto Rican politician, former Mayor of San Juan City (2001-2013)
- Ivan Santini (b. 1989), Croatian football striker
- André Santini (b. 1940), French politician, Mayor of Issy-les-Moulineaux, Hauts-de-Seine
- ... (Another 3 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Related Stories +