The surname Santilli is patronymic
in origin, meaning it was based on the first name of a forefather. In this case, Santilli is derived from the Latin word "sanctus," meaning "holy" or "devout," thus the original bearer of the name was known to be a holy and devout person.
Early Origins of the Santilli family
The surname Santilli was first found in northern Italy, particularly in the regions of Piedmont
Early History of the Santilli family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Santilli research.Another 249 words (18 lines of text) covering the year 1433 is included under the topic Early Santilli History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Santilli Spelling Variations
of this family name include: De Santi, De Santis, Santo, Santucci, Santino, De Sanctis and many more.
Early Notables of the Santilli family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family was Teodoro Santi di Alessandria, who waged war in Inghilterra, in the 10th century, under the flag of Arnolfo VI, count... Another 27 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Santilli Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Santilli family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Antonio Desantis, 54; who came to New York in 1882.
Contemporary Notables of the name Santilli (post 1700)
- Joe Santilli (b. 1982), American professional NHL ice hockey forward
- Ruggero Maria Santilli (b. 1935), Italian-born, American physicist
- Mario Santilli (b. 1984), Argentine footballer
- Diego César Santilli (b. 1967), Argentine politician with a justicialist
- Ray Santilli (b. 1957), British musician, record, and film producer
- Ivana Daniela Santilli, Canadian R&B singer and multi-instrumentalist