Santaniello History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Santaniello family
The surname Santaniello was first found in Lucca, a city and comune in Tuscany, capital of the province of Lucca and where Bascilican type churches abound. The history commences in 218 B.C., and passed through many hands in the intervening centuries. Many notable scholars and prelates lived here. The cathedral of St Martin was begun in 1060 by Bishop Anselm, later Pope Alexander II. It has many museums and galleries. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Santaniello family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Santaniello research. Another 118 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1400, 1339, 1435, 1494, 1627, 1697, 1677 and 1723 are included under the topic Early Santaniello History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Santaniello Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Santinni, Santanna, Santana, Santanno, Santinelli, Santilli, Santi and many more.
Early Notables of the Santaniello family (pre 1700)
Another 44 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Santaniello Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Santaniello migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Santaniello Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Angelo Santaniello, aged 30, who landed in America from Quindici, in 1898
- Adelaide Santaniello, aged 7, who landed in America from Marscille, in 1899
Santaniello Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Andrama Santaniello, aged 25, who immigrated to the United States from Monteforte, in 1903
- Adelina Santaniello, aged 56, who settled in America from Viso Equense, Napoli, in 1908
- Annina Santaniello, aged 9, who landed in America from Quindici, Avellino, in 1909
- Andreana Santaniello, aged 30, who landed in America from Quindici, Italy, in 1911
- Alfonso Santaniello, aged 8, who settled in America from Nocera Inferion Selerno, Italy, in 1912
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Santaniello (post 1700) +
- Thomas A. Santaniello, American Democratic Party politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from South Carolina, 2000, 2004 (alternate)
Related Stories +