on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Spanish Santamaria family come from? What is the Spanish Santamaria family crest and coat of arms? When did the Santamaria family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Santamaria family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Santa Maria, Santa Marie, St. Maria, St. Marie and many more.
First found in Castile, in north central Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Santamaria research. Another 273 words(20 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Santamaria History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Santamaria Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Francisco Santamaria and his brother Nicolas who settled in Nicaragua in 1562
- Alonso De Santa Maria who came to Florida in 1587
- Diego De Santa Maria who arrived in America in 1596
Santamaria Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Juan Santa Maria who immigrated to Puerto Rico in 1803
- Miguel Santa Maria who came to Philadelphia in 1816
- Fidel Santamaria, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1884
- Abraham Santamaria, aged 29, who settled in America, in 1896
Santamaria Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Agostino Santamaria, aged 4, who landed in America from Licata, in 1907
- Alfonso Santamaria, aged 29, who settled in America, in 1909
- Adolfo Santamaria, aged 53, who emigrated to the United States, in 1910
- Alexander Santamaria, aged 22, who landed in America from Santanda, Spain, in 1918
- Alejandro Santamaria, aged 22, who landed in America, in 1919
- Bartholomew Augustine Santamaria (1915-1998), Australian social and political writer
- Claudio Santamaria (b. 1974), Italian actor
- Francisco J. Santamaria (1886-1963), Mexican writer and politician
- Jodi Santamaria (b. 1982), Filipina actress
- José Santamaria (b. 1929), Uruguayan former football player and coach
- Domingo Santa Maria González (1825-1889), president of Chile between 1881 and 1886
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came in Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Carr, Raymond. Spain, 1808-1975. 2nd Ed. . Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1982. Print. (ISBN 978-0198221272).
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Heraldic Patronimica Española Y Sus Patronimicos Compuestos. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1976. Print.
- Diez, Ma Del Carmen Galbis. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias Durante los siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Archivo General de Indias Sevilla Volume 6. Murcia, Spain: Ministerio de Cultura, 1986. Print.
The Santamaria Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Santamaria Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 21 March 2015 at 16:03.
on orders of $85 or more