on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Spanish Santamaria family come from? What is the Spanish Santamaria family crest and coat of arms? When did the Santamaria family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Santamaria family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Santa Maria, Santa Marie, St. Maria, St. Marie and many more.
First found in Castile, in north central Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Santamaria research. Another 273 words(20 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Santamaria History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Santamaria Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Francisco Santamaria and his brother Nicolas who settled in Nicaragua in 1562
- Alonso De Santa Maria who came to Florida in 1587
- Diego De Santa Maria who arrived in America in 1596
Santamaria Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Juan Santa Maria who immigrated to Puerto Rico in 1803
- Miguel Santa Maria who came to Philadelphia in 1816
- Fidel Santamaria, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1884
- Abraham Santamaria, aged 29, who settled in America, in 1896
Santamaria Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Agostino Santamaria, aged 4, who landed in America from Licata, in 1907
- Alfonso Santamaria, aged 29, who settled in America, in 1909
- Adolfo Santamaria, aged 53, who emigrated to the United States, in 1910
- Alexander Santamaria, aged 22, who landed in America from Santanda, Spain, in 1918
- Alejandro Santamaria, aged 22, who landed in America, in 1919
- Bartholomew Augustine Santamaria (1915-1998), Australian social and political writer
- Claudio Santamaria (b. 1974), Italian actor
- Francisco J. Santamaria (1886-1963), Mexican writer and politician
- Jodi Santamaria (b. 1982), Filipina actress
- José Santamaria (b. 1929), Uruguayan former football player and coach
- Domingo Santa Maria González (1825-1889), president of Chile between 1881 and 1886
- Archivo General De Indias, Sevilla. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias durante los Siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Edited by the docents of the General Indian Archives under the Director of the Archives, Don Cristobal Bermudez Plata 3 Volumes - Volume 1 1509-1534. Sevilla, Spain: Imprenta de la Gavidia, 1940. Print.
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Caballeros de La Orden de Santiago Siglo XVIII. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1996. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Armorial Général by J.B. Rietstap. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. 1967. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-209).
The Santamaria Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Santamaria Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 21 March 2015 at 16:03.
on orders of $85 or more