Sansone History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Sansone family
The surname Sansone was first found in Venice (Italian: Venezia), and seaport occupying one of the most remarkable sites of the world. Centralizing on the Grand Canal the history of the city can be traced through the different styles of architecture Byzantine, Gothic, early Renaissance and late Renaissance. It is rich in ancient palaces, churches, libraries, galleries, monuments, statues, treasures and artifacts. Its history is abundant in politics, art, religion, scholarship and conflict. The ducal palace was commenced in 1309. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Sansone family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Sansone research. Another 121 words (9 lines of text) covering the years 1158, 1168, and 1536 are included under the topic Early Sansone History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Sansone Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Sansone, Sanson, Sanzone, Sanzonio, Sansogno, Sansonetti, Sansong, Sansing, Sonsonnet, Sansonius and many more.
Early Notables of the Sansone family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Sansone Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Sansone migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Sansone Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Mary Sansone, who settled in New York in 1861
- Cosma Sansone, 23, Giuseppe Sansone, 11, who both arrived in New York in 1888
- Rosalia Sansone, 20, who settled in New York in 1891
Sansone Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Mathew Sansone, who landed in Mississippi in 1904 
- Mathew Sansone, who arrived in Mississippi in 1904
Contemporary Notables of the name Sansone (post 1700) +
- Maria Grace Sansone (b. 1981), American Emmy Award winning television personality
- Kathryn Demmas Sansone (b. 1962), American homemaker and personal trainer, according to Oprah is an "unforgettable mom"
- Giovanni Sansone (1888-1979), Italian mathematician
- Gianluca Sansone (b. 1987), Italian footballer from Teramo, Italy
- Gilda Sansone (b. 1989), Italian fashion model and winner of the first cycle of Italia's Next Top Model
- Matteo Sansone (1916-1992), Italian archeologist
- Nicola Sansone (b. 1991), Italian professional footballer
- John "Jumpin'" Sansone, New Orleans blues musician
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)