Salvo History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The surname is one of the Spanish patronymic surnames, created from the name of a male ancestor. It seems that this name came from at least two sources, in some instances coming from the personal name Silvaus, derived in turn from the Latin "silva" meaning "wood," and in other instances from the personal name Salvius, from the Latin "salvus" for "saved." Both were names of early Christian Saints.
Early Origins of the Salvo family
The surname Salvo was first found in Catalonia, the north east region of the former kingdom of Aragon.
Early History of the Salvo family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Salvo research. Another 88 words (6 lines of text) covering the year 1623 is included under the topic Early Salvo History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Salvo Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Salva, Salvas, Salvo, Salvá and others.
Early Notables of the Salvo family (pre 1700)
Another 40 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Salvo Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Salvo is the 13,659th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
Salvo migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Salvo Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Balthazar Salvo, who arrived in Mississippi in 1879 
- Nathale Salvo, who arrived in Mississippi in 1879 
- James Salvo, who landed in Mississippi in 1895 
Contemporary Notables of the name Salvo (post 1700) +
- Salvo Cuccia (b. 1960), Italian cinema director and screenwriter
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)