Salvetti History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Salvetti family
The surname Salvetti was first found in Genoa (Italian: Genova), a port on the Gulf of Genoa, capital of the province of Genoa. 4th century B.C it was occupied by the Greeks, destroyed by the Carthaginians in 209 B.C and restored by Rome who made it their headquarters. They survived the Lombard and Carolingan intrusions. Were well known for their naval prowess. Shipbuilding flourished in this natural sea port. Much migration took place to South America pre WWII. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Salvetti family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Salvetti research.Another 215 words (15 lines of text) covering the years 1472, 1475, 1814, 1700, 1576, 1628, 1605 and 1685 are included under the topic Early Salvetti History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Salvetti Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Salvi, Salvio, Salvia, Salvetti, Salvini, Salvinelli, Salvioli, Salvucci, Salvioni, Salvato, Salviato, Salvia and many more.
Early Notables of the Salvetti family (pre 1700)
Another 42 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Salvetti Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Salvetti family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Salvetti Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Guiseppe Salvetti, aged 27, who landed in America from St. Eufemia, Italy, in 1907
- Achille Salvetti, aged 14, who emigrated to America, in 1908
- Achille Salvetti, aged 16, who landed in America from Savona, Genova, in 1908
- Celestino Salvetti, aged 28, who emigrated to America from Aoezzamo, Italy, in 1909
- Gaetano Salvetti, aged 17, who landed in America from Dolce, Italy, in 1911
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Salvetti (post 1700)
- Emiliano Salvetti (b. 1974), retired Italian football midfielder
Salvetti Family Crest Products