Saltz History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Saltz family
The surname Saltz was first found in Austria
, where the name Saltz became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. In their later history the name became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
Early History of the Saltz family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Saltz research.Another 260 words (19 lines of text) covering the years 1755 and 1843 are included under the topic Early Saltz History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Saltz Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Saltz, Saltza, Salza, Salttza, Saltzas, Salzas, Salzza, Saltzz and many more.
Early Notables of the Saltz family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Saltz Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Saltz family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Saltz Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Johann Saltz, who arrived in New York in 1868
- Heinrich Saltz, a German mercenary who settled in America after fighting in the Revolutionary War
Contemporary Notables of the name Saltz (post 1700)
- Howard Saltz, American editor of The Sun-Sentinel, Fort Lauderdale, Florida since 2011
- Steven Saltz (b. 1966), born Steven Saltzman, an American television host, best known as the host and executive producer of The Good Night Chicago Show
- Dr. Gail Saltz, American psychiatrist, psychoanalyst, columnist, bestselling author and television commentator, contributing editor for Glamour magazine
- Professor Nathan J. Saltz (1912-2003), American-born Israeli doctor, considered the "Father and Founder" of modern surgical medicine in Israel; awarded the Israel Prize, for medicine in 1978 and has received Yakir Hadassah awards
- Danny Saltz (b. 1961), American former professional tennis player
- Lee Saltz (b. 1963), American former NFL and CFL football quarterback who played from 1988 to 1995, World Bowl Champion (1992)
- Jerry Saltz (b. 1951), American three-time Pulitzer Prize nominated writer and senior art critic for the Village Voice
- Joel Saltz, American Professor and Chair of the Department of Biomedical Informatics at Ohio State University
Saltz Family Crest Products
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- no headaches!