on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Spanish Salas family come from? What is the Spanish Salas family crest and coat of arms? When did the Salas family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Salas family history?The name Salas is derived from the Germanic root word "sal," which means "building."
Spelling variations of this family name include: Sala, Salas and others.
First found in Asturias, birthplace of the Reconquest.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Salas research. Another 329 words (24 lines of text) covering the years 1623, 1636, 1639, 1649, 1670, 1694, 1759, and 1776 are included under the topic Early Salas History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 97 words (7 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Salas Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Alonso de Salas, who sailed to America in 1513
- Inés de Salas, went to Nicaragua in 1531
- Cristóbal de Salas, settled in Florida in 1538
- Juan de Salas, came to New Spain in 1576
Salas Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Antonio De Salas, who arrived in America in 1812
- Juan De Salas, who arrived in America in 1812
- Pedro De Salas, who arrived in America in 1816
- Teresa Salas, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1826
- Manuel Salas, aged 20, arrived in New Orleans, La in 1835
- Rudy Salas (b. 2012), American politician, Member of the California State Assembly
- Joseph I. Salas (1903-1987), American silver medalist featherweight professional boxer at the 1924 Summer Olympics
- Lizette Salas (b. 1989), American professional LPGA golfer
- Rose A. Salas, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Texas, 1996
- Mary Salas, American Democrat politician, Candidate for Mayor of Chula Vista, California, 2002; Delegate to Democratic National Convention from California, 2008
- Gumecindo Salas (b. 1941), American Democrat politician, Member of Michigan State Board of Education, 1977-84, 1987-94; Defeated, 1972, 1984, 1994
- G. Ricardo Salas, American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from Guam, 1972
- Consuelo M. Salas, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Illinois, 1996
- Floyd F Salas (b. 1931), American novelist and poet
- Stevie Salas, American guitarist
- Domínguez, C. Hispano de Apellidos y Blasones. 4 Vols. 2001. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Archivo General De Indias, Sevilla. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias durante los Siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Edited by the docents of the General Indian Archives under the Director of the Archives, Don Cristobal Bermudez Plata 3 Volumes - Volume 1 1509-1534. Sevilla, Spain: Imprenta de la Gavidia, 1940. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Caballeros de La Orden de Santiago Siglo XVIII. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1996. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Maduell, Charles R. Compiler Index of Spanish Citizens Entering the Port of New Orleans Between January 1840 and December 1865. New Orleans: The Compiler, 1966. Print.
The Salas Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Salas Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 21 October 2015 at 10:06.
on orders of $85 or more